New features of ubuntu 22.04; Through this tutorial, i am going to show you know new features of ubuntu 22.04.
A newer version of Ubuntu means that there have been some changes, but of course, it has also remained faithful to the same old Ubuntu that you have known and trusted over the years. We’ll go over some of the new most notable Ubuntu 22.04 features.
And also, we can find list of some important dates relating and leading to the final Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish release which is scheduled to April 21, 2022; is as follows:
- Feature Freeze (halted introduction of new features, packages and API’s): February 24, 2022
- UI Freeze (user interface and desktop artwork and appearance will come to standstill): March 17, 2022
- Ubuntu 22.04 Beta (the beta release intended for developers and early adopters): March 31, 2022
- Kernel Freeze (the kernel will receive no new features after this date): April 7, 2022
- Release Candidate (final official release): April 14, 2022
- Official Release: April 21, 2022
- End of Life (end of official support): April 2027
- Extended Support End of Life (available with subscription): April 2032
What are the New Features of Ubuntu 22.04?
Here are the new features in ubuntu 22.04 LTS jammy jellyfish; is as follows:
- GNOME 42.0
- Accent Color Selection
- New Screenshot Tool
- A new way to update firmware
- New multitasking setting
- New Ubuntu installer
- New loading screen
- Option to enable and disable animations
- Expanded Raspberry Pi support
- PHP 8.1
- OpenSSL 3.0
- Ruby 3.0
- Golang 1.18
- Python 3.10.0
- Grub 2.06
- GCC 11
- Mesa 22
- Kernel 5.15
- Ubuntu Pro
Although the Ubuntu 22.04 release date is only two new years newer than previous LTS releases, technology moves quickly and many improvements have been made. And while most of these changes happen under the hood, Ubuntu 22.04 has the facelift and smooth experience unmistakable for even the most casual users.